We are running a 10 week course for a cohort of 20 teachers from across the school with the aim to strengthen and develop our technology-rich professional learning network at WAB through:
- an examination of best-practice technology integration globally & how this relates to current WAB systems & practices
- an examination of how mobile technology could impact the classroom (we provide an iPad 2 for each participant to use until the end of the academic year)
- developing our understanding of WAB’s proposed transdisciplinary standards and how these can be implemented in a technology-rich environment.
Every two weeks we will have a f2f session for hands-on training, talks from various stakeholders, guest speakers and the inevitable rich discussions. In addition we will be using Moodle for our asynchronous discussions & resources.
I have been looking for resources and readings to help support our course and welcome any suggestions. For our introductory sessions, I am thinking of using these two videos to set the scene:
Above and Beyond: The Story of the 4Cs communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity) which is a short animated film produced by P21 and FableVision.
A Vision of 21st Century Teacher where eighteen classroom teachers “speak out” on the topic of tech integration and 21st Century skills for students.
Questions to ponder:
- What professional readings would you recommend for our course?
- Which blogs would be good for our teacher to follow?
- Would you like to join the conversation and contribute to our course?